If your family vacation includes a teenager in tow, advanced planning, and age-appropriate activities always work to your advantage in creating a seamless, fun-filled vacation. Check out this fun list for teens in Vancouver Island, BC.
- Whale watching tours are totally approved by teens as they search for killer whales (orcas), humpbacks, gray whales and others. Excursions from Victoria are plentiful with both morning and afternoon departures. Your family will get some ecosystem education as well as see other types of wildlife, such as sea lions and bald eagles.
- Love surfing? You’ll love Jordan River. Sited at the junction of the river to the Pacific Ocean, waves can range from a modest two feet to a more impressive ten feet. Located among the rugged Pacific West Coast terrain, Jordan River offers a spectacular setting, even in gray and misty weather. Just an amazing place you should check out!
- Historic Kinsol Trestle is an awesome trestle along the Cowichan Valley Trail route. The structure itself is breathtaking as it stands 44 meters above the Koksilah River and extends some 187 meters in length. It’s a must-do for visitors as a cyclist, hiker or on horseback. If your teen has never gone horseback riding, this activity will be a fun one to add to your itinerary.
- A waterfront park in the Nanaimo community on Vancouver Island, Neck Point is an environmentally sensitive area known for its history, scenery and other natural features. In 2009, the park acquired additional land giving visitors some 36 acres of waterfront space complete with rugged rock cliffs, pebble bay beaches, and oak groves.
- The oldest provincial park in British Columbia is Strathcona Provincial Park located in central Vancouver Island. Expect a rugged mountain wilderness-type atmosphere with snow-capped peaks, lakes, rivers, and creeks. Hit the slopes November through March and enjoy pleasant temperatures in the summer months. Teens will love exploring all of the outdoor elements that make up Strathcona Provincial Park.
- One of the most beautiful harbours in the world, the Victoria Harbour (which includes the Inner Harbour) is a must for visitors, including teens! Explore everything from the iconic architecture to history through tours, festivals, and music. This is definitely a teen-approved activity.
No matter what adventures you have planned, the first step in planning the perfect trip is to find accommodations that meet your needs. Once that’s done, the planning just seems to flow.