The City of Gardens, as Victoria BC is sometimes referred to, is nestled on the southern tip of Vancouver Island sporting some of Canada’s most favorable weather. With a solid seat on the top five places to visit in Canada list, Victoria offers lots of outdoorsy thrills, gardens, water, and mountains. And, when searching for a lovely, romantic getaway, Victoria has all the cornerstones.
It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to plan a romantic trip to Victoria. Find a special property for your home base and build the itinerary with a few of your favorite things in mind. Maybe it’s art and culture that you love…maybe it’s shopping and history. We have ideas to serve as food for thought below.
Planning the Perfect Romantic Getaway in Victoria
- Tourists flock to Butchart Gardens by the (tour) busload during the daytime, but an evening gander might be just the mood-setter you are looking for. Choose a Saturday night and enjoy not only the beautiful flowers and buds, but also get a firework show to boot.
- Go exploring…hand-in-hand. Victoria’s Inner Harbor offers great gems like the Government Buildings, harbor cruises, street performers and lots of art as well as shopping and dining options.
- Don a blanket and snuggle up for a horse-drawn carriage ride through James Bay. You’ll be treated to fabulous views along with a look at historic homes, Beacon Hill Park and the harbor.
- Visit The Empress for high tea. Nosh on finger sandwiches and treats while sipping your choice from an array of teas. The views of the harbor are pretty special, too.
- Hop on a seaplane for a bird’s eye view of the Gulf Islands. Spend a half-hour or so flying high above lush gardens and spying the gorgeous coastline of the area.
- Checkout Parkside Spa for a couples’ experience. How romantic does a side-by-side Swedish Massage followed by a few quiet moments in the hot tub sound?
- Set aside one evening for The Breakwater of Ogden Point (just off of Dallas Road). Not only is the walk itself stunning, but there are also lovely photo opportunities, sunsets to die for and a little bistro on-site for dinner.
There are so many ways to include romance in your trip. Aside from these great ideas, there are dinner cruises, wine tours, kayaking and food tours, just to name a few. No matter what you fancy when it comes to a romantic getaway, you’ll find it in Victoria. What are you waiting for?